Five years ago, nobody had met Alexa. Today, she is the world’s fastest growing consumer technology product, and we are just getting started. Come and join us as we pursue our mission to make Alexa more helpful, more knowledgeable, and more engaging. The Alexa Information Access team plays a critical role at the heart of Alexa’s Question and Answer capabilities, providing routing, ranking, and recognition services that empower Amazon teams and external developers to make Alexa smarter. We’re building software that has real impact on customers’ lives. If that sounds exciting then come and join us.
The successful candidate will have excellent project management and communication skills, strong technical abilities, and motivation to continually improve themselves, their team and its products. They will enjoy solving challenging problems, experimenting with new ideas, and have an interest in science. Prior experience launching technical products for other software developers is a plus.
As a Technical Program Manager At Amazon You Will
- Work closely with Software Managers, Product Managers, and Engineers to drive architecture, engineering, and product designs, decisions, and timelines.
- Develop and execute project plans and run the day-to-day Agile project activities across the Info Access group, including the Federation and Developer API teams.
- Own the stakeholder relationships with the group’s customers and dependencies.
- Assess and mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints to optimize risk taking and maximize business benefit.
- Drive communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Report on development status, quality, operations, and system performance.
- Communicate in person and writing to technical staff and management up to the VP level.
- Mentor and coach technical staff of on good communication and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management leading large, complex programs in a fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies.
- 3+ years experience with all aspects of delivering highly scalable and robust systems, including scoping requirements, planning deliverables, writing functional and test specs, managing scope, and deploying new features – for multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Experience translating business strategy and operating plans into workable technology that has been delivered to customers.
- Experience communicating complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical business teams and to technical stakeholders at all leadership levels.
- Experience working with scientists and research projects.
- Experience building and operating micro-service architectures in AWS or other cloud infrastructure.
- Experience delivering machine learning or artificial intelligence systems.
- Working knowledge of database systems, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Capable of performing your own data analysis using tools like SQL, Spark, Python, etc.
|Job Category||project management|