TAIT is the World Market Leader in designing, constructing and delivering the finest live event equipment in the world.
Whether it’s creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT’s cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 600 employees in 12 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of front-end user interface software for complex automation systems. The focus will be on implementing significant portions of code, ensuring established standards of quality, and serving as a source of technical knowledge for the team. The position also requires collaboration with the product team and other developers to guide the design and implementation of features.
- Utilize software design practices: modularity, object-oriented design, event-driven architecture, multi-threaded applications, interface design, localization, portability, extensibility, and testability
- Guide product and development teams through the design and implementation of features
- Lead discussions about architecture and best practices of software
- Write clear, well-architected, maintainable and portable code
- Responsible for working closely with other team members and understanding their perspectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or similar area of focus
- 3-6 years of experience in software development
- Willingness/Ability to travel occasionally (1-3 times per year)
- Good planning and estimating skills; able to keep the project moving through daily obstacles and asks for additional assistance when appropriate
- Experience in DevOps areas, such as build systems, packaging, and support
- Experience in developing multiple commercial applications under source control
- Experience developing in the QT UI framework on Windows
- Experience in automation environments, from software to general safety practices
- Understanding/Experience in the entertainment/theater industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Proven and demonstrated experience in successfully managing project deadlines
- Ability to observe issues and present solutions to them
- Comfortability in presenting in front of small and large groups of individuals
For more information and how to apply please follow the link below:
|Job Category||Applied Science, Computer Vision Engineer, Computing platforms for robotics, development, engineering, Innovation, quality assurance, Research and Analysis, Software, Support|