About Jacobs Nuclear & PPP:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield is looking to adopt high-value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services.
Jacobs Nuclear provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Senior Process Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The Senior Process Engineer role requires wide of discipline knowledge of process systems, chemical preparation, gaseous exchanges and stored solids, and their delivery to facilitate value realisation of engineering design of systems and plant with a mindset for construction and commissioning in a nuclear environment.
They will need the drive to deliver and be able to specify appropriate design requirements for both current and potential developments at the appropriate level of detail for preliminary and detail design phases.
This plant is essentially a laboratory and testing environment and it would be beneficial, though not essential, to demonstrate familiarity with such plants either within or out with the nuclear arena.
Be able to demonstrate:
- extensive knowledge and experience in the delivery of major capex projects for construction with expertise in one or more specialist areas in their engineering discipline,
- good knowledge of design and construction of similar industrial plants with particular experience of the following:
- Gas Delivery Systems,
- Reagent Delivery Systems,
- DSEAR Assessment,
- Nuclear Analytical Lab Design
- Flowsheets, PFDs, EFDs, S&IDDs, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets
- leadership in an engineering function,
- custodian of resources but also self-performance
- a record of successful project scope estimation and delivery, influencing professional engineers, and provision of strategic guidance across a portfolio of projects and programmes.
This role requires a strong and successful interface with the Integrated Design Team and other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. This will entail understanding and appreciating design decisions by others, challenging if appropriate and delivery of technical solutions.
:United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Warrington-UK Warrington – Hinton House
:Mar 19, 2020, 2:18:20 PM
UK Warrington – Hinton House
Hinton House, Birchwood Park AvenueBirchwood