1 x Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2020
1 x Fixed Term Contract until 31 August 2020
1 x Fixed Term Contract until 31 December 2019
WMG is a vibrant, cutting-edge research institution at the University of Warwick, one of the world’s leading research and education groups with state of the art technologies. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer or Research Fellow to significantly expand their research and technical skills within the strategically important areas of Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) testing. (Please note that this advert is for the Project Engineer position. If you feel your application is more suitable for the Research Fellow, please apply through the relevant live advert).
You will need to be able to evidence your capability in the area of systems engineering, controls engineering, safety analysis methods and coding skills. Experience with using various vehicle simulation packages like IPG CarMaker, PreScan or other driving simulation packages will be an added advantage.
Proven research experience will be required along with your well-developed communication and collaboration skills to assist working independently and as part of a team. The ability to be flexible with your work will be an important part of the role. You will also be responsible for project delivery and providing regular updates to project partners and WMG Intelligent Vehicles’ leadership team.
You will be employed to work on Connected and Autonomous Vehicles research project funded by Innovate UK in collaboration with industry and academic partners. This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate strong research leadership and to have the opportunity to develop your own professional network through interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers & engineers, as well as industrial partners during the life of the project.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
If you require any further information regarding this role, please contact Siddartha Khastgir (S.Khastgir.email@example.com)
You will be employed to work on Connected and Autonomous Vehicles research project funded by Innovate UK in collaboration with industry and academic partners. You will assist the Principal Investigator and Project Collaborators in the successful execution of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To carry out research in the research area of Connected & Autonomous Vehicles with a focus on systems engineering and safety analysis
2. To create test scenarios using a novel systems engineering method developed at WMG and contribute to UK’s national test scenario catalogue based on project outputs.
3. To serve as the Test Manager for the industrial project, advising the autonomous vehicle manufacturer about the selection of test cases for simulation and real-world testing
4. To develop a novel test validation target criterion
5. To liaise with multiple project partners to gather data and share results
6. To share information with colleagues and produce recommendations.
7. To manage research aspects of the project including contributing to academic publications, technical reports and other presentations and dissemination methods
8. To assist with the development and delivery of teaching and training materials to disseminate the research findings in a format that will encourage successful implementation.
9. To identify, operate and install suitable equipment to support the project objectives.
10. To record and track the delivery of deliverables during research & identify routes for achievement of targets.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
For further information about the department, please visit the departmental website.
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/ or are seeking sponsorship under Tier 2 of the UK points-based immigration system
please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship under Tier 2.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University’s Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
|Job Category||Autonomous, development, Electronics, engineering, Support, Technical, Testing|