Cosma Casting UK is an operating unit of Magna International, one of the world’s premier global automotive suppliers. Magna’s pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Cosma Casting UK has established a manufacturing facility site in Telford, UK. For this venture, we are looking for a Maintenance Project Engineer . Cosma Casting UK will specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components
The positions has 2 primary functions within maintenance department. The 1st is to focus on continuous improvement in maintenance department. This will entail running meetings with maintenance team leaders to analyse current downtime to highlight issues that require a focused CI project to eliminate the issue. The 2nd function is to be a conduit between the AME’s (NPI) and operational maintenance. This will require working closely with AME’s priorty to new equipment delivery to ensure that the machines are delivered with the requirements for operations. Ie Drawings, manuals, PLC program and spares list are provided. Also advise on what is required to install the new equipment to factory services.
This role entails but is not limited to:
- Interrogate the breakdown reports for repeat issues (agility).
- Identify major losses and root cause analysis to eliminate from the future.
- Run support meetings for the Team leaders to explore opportunities for CI projects.
- Create step down analysis to validate completed CI projects (PDCA)
- Create / evolve PM / AM schedule’s to reduce issues found in the week.
- Use major breakdown analysis to update PM and critical spares list.
- To support NPI / AME’s to ensure new equipment arrives with manuals, PLC programs with comments, drawings in English and components from the project book.
- To support AME’s with costs and lead times required to connect services to new equipment.
- Support Maintenance team with fault finding on major breakdowns
Knowledge and Education
- Qualification in engineering / maintenance
- Able to use statistical tools to highlight issues (pareto etc.)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical components
- Experience in die casting
- 17th / 18th edition
- Report writing
- Degree in Engineering
- Experiences in a similar role
- Experience of working with Agility CMMS system
Skills and Competencies
- Good problem-solving skills
- Team player and promotes a team approach to problem solving
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
- Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Proactive in approach with a “can do attitude”
- Flexibility to travel overseas infrequently
- Self-motivatedEligibility to work in the UK
Although this role is office based, Plant conditions necessitate exposure to heat, cold, dust, hot objects, and loud noises within our manufacturing environment. Full Health and Safety training and PPE provided for all conditions.
|Job Category||Design, engineering, quality assurance, Support, Technical, Testing|