Role Title and Location: Engineering ProjectManagement – Navigation Sensors
Job Ref No: P7162
MBDA Level of the role: 4
Reports to Group Leader Navigation Sensors:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and driven project engineer within our Navigation Sensors Group.
The Team are responsible for the specification and assessment of inertial and satellite navigation equipment for MBDA.
The successful candidate will apply project management methodology and tools to support the group in delivering projects on time, on cost and on quality.
As a project engineer, you would be acting as a sub-system lead for one or more key programmes; you will apply your robust electronics experience ideally within a low volume high-reliability industry.
- Project Engineering, with technical project management.
- Be part of the technical team specifying the inertial sensor and GNSS (GPS) technologies.
- Specifying, assessing and managing the procurement of GPS sensor systems, including receivers and antennas.
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Supporting inertial equipment assessment trials as part of an international team.
- Undertake research and design activities as part of an international team.
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative solutions to address complex customer requirements
- You will gain development of inertial expertise & opportunity to cultivate/improve knowledge of satellite & other aiding navigation technologies
- Involvement in the strategic growth of a rapidly evolving team
- Collaborative working with UK-wide & European travel
What’s great about the team?
You will be joining a growing team with both the motivation to excel and a good sense of humour! You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and enthusiasm for inertial and aiding navigation sensor technologies to support the development and production of some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Background in Electronics
- Experience of technical sub-contractor management
- Experience with good systems engineering practices.
- Project and work package management
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools.
- Knowledge and experience of inertial sensors and systems, including MEMS.
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Knowledge of Ring Laser and Fibre Optic Gyro’s
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of satellite navigation sensors and systems and/or other inertial navigation aiding technologies
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
To apply for this position please fallow the link below:
|Job Category||engineering, project management, technology|