Specialist resource required to continue the development of the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Environmental Management System/Strategy, to define and/or refine BDUK Environmental Management procedures and provide Environmental Management subject matter expertise to extant and emergent projects and programmes involving BDUK and, potentially, the wider Boeing Company. This role will be required to be the technical interface on Environmental Management within BDUK and the wider Boeing Company, as well as with the customer and authority bases. This role will also form the technical interface with suppliers to ensure that appropriate Environmental Management requirements are flowed to these suppliers and sub-contractors, as well as performing review, comment and approval of supplied Environmental Management artefacts.
This role will provide Environmental Management expertise for BDUK Autonomous Systems and other new programmes to assist the integration of Environmental Safety considerations within the design and development of BDUK Products, Systems and Services. The successful candidate for this role will be required to support the refinement of a coherent Environmental Management Strategy for BDUK in compliance with relevant legislation and MoD Requirements defined in Defence Standard 00-051, Issue 1, taking due cognisance of the guidance provided within the UK MoD Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS).
The successful candidate for this role will represent BDUK and, potentially, the wider Boeing Company at Boeing Environmental Management forums and be the technical point of contact for Environmental Management subject matter experts within the customer or authority delivery teams.
Reporting to the BDUK Environmental Safety Lead, the role has the following key responsibilities:
- Support the maintenance of the BDUK Environmental Management System in line with the BDUK Safety Management System and appropriate UK Environmental Management legislation
- Assist the development of Environmental Management strategies appropriate to each project or programme resulting in a cogent Environmental Case which shall include the following, as required by the project or programme specific Environmental Management Plan or Strategy:
Development of Environmental Management Plans
Develop a register of relevant Environmental Management standards
Identification of Environmental Management stakeholders
Produce Environmental Management Feature Matrices
Produce Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping Statements
Influence the selection, design, usage and disposal of products and services through all relevant life cycle phases
Derivation of Environmental Management design requirements
Development of Environmental Case Reports
- Liaison with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Environmental Management strategy
- Close liaison with Boeing Environmental, Health and Safety teams
- Review of supplier Environmental Management deliverables
- Support the Environmental Management Committee and Working Group meetings
- Support customer and supplier Environmental Management meetings
- Provide Environmental Management support to the System Safety programme including support to System Safety Working Groups or other associated meetings
- Present Environmental Management inputs to requirements and design reviews
- Participate in task-level programme planning, estimating and support for Environmental Management activities
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
- Other job responsibilities may include assistance with System Safety tasks, assistance with Human Factors tasks and Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA’s).
- The candidate will be degree qualified
- Demonstrable experience in the application of Environmental Management in defence programmes.
- Able to effectively execute assigned Environmental Management tasking and seek opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
- Assist with removal of obstacles by early identification of areas where help is needed and proactively coordinating with the BDUK programme and technical leadership.
- The candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills, technical competence and skills with project management concepts/tools.
- The role will have significant UK MoD and wider Boeing interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong-minded is required. Some UK and US travel is expected.
Highly Desirable competencies:
- Experience of working within the System Safety domain would be considered to be a significant advantage.
SC level UK Security Clearance (or ability to gain) is essential.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For more informatin and how to apply please falow the link below:
|Job Category||Autonomous, data analysis, development, engineering, Innovation, project management, quality assurance, scientific interests, Support, Technical, technology|