Preferred locations: The right candidates would ideally be based in our Burton or Dorking Offices
In this role, we will be looking for someone who can contribute technical analysis and/or lead the software engineering of desktop (or maybe web-connected) analysis tools. You will be a software engineer who can sit between our clients and subject matter experts in a variety of technical disciplines, taking responsibility for turning models and ideas into deliverable software tools. This is likely to involve improving the performance of algorithms and developing new architectures.
Analysis, analytics, modelling or simulation. Using data and predictive models to help our clients improve their systems is core to the Frazer-Nash business. Our clients are demanding analysis tools which can manage their assets on a minute-by-minute basis, as such we are continuing to develop our analysis software capability.
We have developed a unique simulation package for the rail industry – it is flexible enough for our skilled analysts but easy enough to use that our clients may want to use the application on a part-time basis. We have a growing portfolio of other similar analysis tools; in many cases, these are green-field and demonstrating new or market-leading approaches.
Your competencies could include:
- Having an ability to develop models of real-world systems to understand or improve their performance.
- Delivering tools using a relevant approach, which could include:
- Using Matlab, R, Python or similar to formulate new analysis approaches.
- Developing and maintaining native software packages Java/JavaFX, C# and WPF/UWP or another desktop environment.
- Developing analysis tools in other “standard” or “bespoke” environments.
- Have experience in machine learning or autonomous systems.
- An ability to form and influence analysis approaches with our clients; background experience in one of our core markets would be really useful (but not key):
- Defence/infrastructure, the analysis or the prediction of structural performance.
- Nuclear energy, covering the current fleet, new build and fuel lifecycle
- Energy and national infrastructure; analysing and optimising these systems.
- Experience in team leadership or product ownership, driving the development lifecycle; we typically work in an agile environment.
- As we develop in small teams, which collaborate or engage heavily with our clients, you should be able to iterate, report and present your work to/with stakeholders.
This role isn’t one size, it covers a broad spectrum of analysis/software approaches. So if you think this is of interest we look forward to receiving your application.
To apply please follow the link below:
|Job Category||engineering, Innovation, Research and Analysis, simulation, Software, Technical, technical analysis, technical expertise|